I am about to entrust you with THE best oatmeal cookie recipe..like..ever. I've given it to only 1 person since I began using this recipe. I've been asked numerous times, but never really wanted to give it up. I'm older. I'm smarter, I'm a little more generous than my younger self. So, when I was cleaning out boxes for donation today and came upon this recipe, I decided to share.
The BEST ever Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/4 c margarine
3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 egg
2 c AP flour (all purpose)
1 tsp bkg soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg (this..this is the secret yummy making ingredient)
1 tsp vanilla (only pure vanilla, no imitation)
3 cups oatmeal (The kind with the creepy looking man..you know the one..is the best for this recipe)
1 box (yup, a whole box) of raisins (the kind with the girl on the front..you know this one too)
Directions~
Preheat oven to 350
Cream sugar and margarine
add egg and vanilla and mix it well
add flour, baking soda and the remaining dry ingredients except oatmeal and raisins.
fold in oatmeal and raisins.
You can use Tablespoons or a small scoop (like melon ball scooper) to drop them onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
I suggest doing this while you are home alone if at all possible. The reason? Well, they disappear really quick if other people are in the house and get a whiff of them baking. REALLY QUICKLY..like instantly.
If you have any left to store (you know, if you ignored my advice and made these with people in the house with you at the same time), air tight containers should be used.
Enjoy!
Welcome to the blog world!!! Can't wait to try and bake some of your cookies! They sound amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope you like the!
ReplyDelete